I Wonder...December 8th: Second Week of Advent

The Second Sunday of Advent Laying the Foundation (peace)

Luke 1:57-80 | Philippians 1:3-11 


Read: This is what Paul wrote to his friends in the city of Philippi while he was in prison for preaching about Jesus: “I thank God for the help you gave me while I preached the Good News. You helped from the first day you believed until now. God began doing a good work in you. And he will continue it until it is finished when Jesus Christ comes again. I am sure of that.” —Philippians 1:5-6 (ICB)


Wonder: I wonder how Paul’s friends helped him. I wonder whether Paul helped start the “good work” he talks about. I wonder what good work God is doing in you. I wonder who is helping you right now like Paul helped his friends. I wonder what kind of person you’ll grow into. 


Say: The good news is that we are always growing. Your family and your church and your teachers are all helping you to learn and grow into the person God has created you to be. 


Pray: Let’s pray. Dear God, we are so glad to always grow and learn and change. Thank you for the people in our lives who laid a good, solid foundation for us to build upon. In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen. 


Extend: 

- Build a story together, one sentence at a time. One person starts the story with one sentence, then the next person continues the story with another sentence. Keep going until the story is finished.

 - Interview a family member about the past, perhaps when they were a child. What has changed? 

- Draw a picture or write a story about who you imagine being when you grow up. - Learn more about how architects design homes with blueprints. Find out what organizations help build homes for people in need in your community and learn more about how you can help.

Sanctified Art  written by: rev. anna strickland | sanctifiedart.org


Thoughts for Tots

Godly Play - Second Sunday of Advent


Jokes for Joy

What kind of ears do you find on a train locomotive?

Engineers


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Wonder...May 15th: "Jesus Was Like Us"

Easter I Wonder...April 17th

I Wonder...April 3rd